Sunday, July 11, 2021

SISTER SNIPPETS

My sister departed Portland on Thursday morning.  

Her trip from Louisville to Portland to Whidbey Island back to Portland and now driving home to Louisville was a feat in itself.  She's a crazy overly busy gal and I don't know how she does it!  I'm glad she came back to Portland cause we got in some great sister time.  


She enjoyed the Guest Suite here and parked her camper in her daughter's driveway.  I compromised our mornings together ... she's a 7am kinda person and I'm a 9am kinda person.  We met for coffee and a treat every morning about 8:30am.  She spent her days helping Tahlia (she's setting up her Tiny House to be an AirBnB). 


The first two nights she made a special cocktail (can't remember the name) but bitters, Dubonnet, champagne and bit of brown sugar and topped with sparkling water.  I felt like a queen!  One day I picked deli items from New Seasons and one day she did.  Which is what I was doing most days the kids were gone.  One scoop of coastal kale salad, harissa carrots (spicy and delish), beet and feta salad, greek orzo salad, etc.  I have enough leftover for lunch.  On evenings on my own, I would get an animal protein and a twice baked potato (half each night) to go along with my salad.  I may continue this luxury as it seems a little healthier than chicken nuggets and French fries!


Janet had a million things she wanted to do on Wednesday and I volunteered to do her one load of laundry.  This is a BIG trust on her part as she is very particular.  I think I got an "OK" .... Cool water (but not cold), delicate wash, hang some things to dry and low heat to dry others.  I'm sure she was disappointed that I didn't have earth friendly products ... I'm a Tide supporter.


She remembers everyone's birthday and anniversary AND sends at least a card but usually a gift.  She is the one who keeps our family connected.  And because of her, I'm calling or texting my brothers more frequently.  Surprisingly, after years of not communicating ... we are all in touch.


She is my best friend.  

1 comment:

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...