Sunday, July 4, 2021

ON THE ROAD AGAIN

My family left Wednesday afternoon for a week or more in Montana.  Jesse's Mom and her husband have 10 acres there, near the small town of Lincoln ~ population 1,013.  This is the first I'm home alone without Bosko.  It's very quiet around here.




It's been in his family for years and the two of them drive ten hours each way about once a month or so.  I talked the kidults into making it a two day drive, with a hotel and POOL for the boys.  They went swimming when they arrived and again before they left.  They are really fish!  The condo pool will be open upon their return!


Lincoln is famous for being where Ted Kaczynski lived (and was arrested) about four miles from their house.  They are 75 miles (90 minute drive) to the city of Missoula for Costco, grocery stores, etc.  The little people love being able to explore creeks and dig holes and play kickball on the acreage.  There's a shallow river where they can float or swim (ice cold from a mountain).


I've set up my Gramma station in the living room ~ laptop on a huge foldable TV table with the end table on my right.  I have a view on the side of the condo and out the front door if not too hot.  I wish I could sit out here all the time but even with headphones on, just the constant motion of four people going in and out, playing music, cleaning, shopping and simply living is just too busy!  


I'm definitely getting old.  I remember my Mom saying she had to take a nap when one sibling + small family came for a visit.  And now I know!

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of miles to trip once a month! The part of the country is beautiful and the people different though. Enjoy your quiet time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister arrives this evening and leaves Thursday morning. I think the kidults return that night. My alone time was short but oh so sweet!!!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...