Thursday, August 20, 2020

WOW! FINALLY!!

Yesterday was my pre-op check for having my right eye cataract removed next Wednesday!  Hooray!

Correction will be for "intermediate" distance so that it will match the mediocre job on the left eye.  About 20/40.  Legal to drive but not good enough for me to drive, so back to specs.  And reading glasses.

I'm looking forward to buying inexpensive frames online so I can suit my mood.  

The bad news, I do have dry eyes but for now should be able to manage with just OTC drops.  The other bad news is the left eye has developed scar tissue (about 1 in 4 people experience this)(lucky me?!) and surgery will be scheduled after the right eye is healed.  I'll be glad to see this in my rear view mirror!

The parents are breaking in the boys for online school by spending an hour or two taking Acellus Academy school.  Braeden can pretty much work on his own just need an adult in the area to me sure he's not star gazing.  Deacon is a little hasty in answering and doesn't listed to the WHOLE sentence. Today I think he gets it.

They will each write in a journal every day.  Braeden had to do that since Kindergarten.  I suggested a weeklong (or two weeks) with a topic of their choosing ... and they can use it in math, spelling, reading, measuring, art projects, wildlife, whatever.  They are starting with Oregon!  Then a camping trip will be planned to see things in person!


I may opt to do art appreciation and music. Reading and spelling.





4 comments:

  1. Lol with that vineyard. For sure these days. Lots of parents are mentioning the need for wine during these virtual learning days.

    Good that the boys are getting used to online learning. Good plan for the parents to start it a bit at a time. Hopefully the whole school day will go well.

    Good luck with the surgery! Been a long haul to wait for it.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the surgery. I'm sure you'll be happy to get it behind you.
    School is a challenge these days. It sounds like your two little guys ae adjusting to it. I'm glad I'm not raising young children now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the grapevine meme. Home schooling is going to challenge a lot of families.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meant to write something about your eye saga before punishing that comment. I can't believe all you've been through and still have to do. I think you're the only person I've ever heard of who had problems with a cataract surgery.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...