Sunday, August 2, 2020

WHAT WILL AUGUST BRING

I'm writing this on Saturday afternoon, August 1.  Can't believe it is August already.

With the house to myself,  I've done a small bit of tidying up.  Our dining table is an everything table .... dumping ground for everyone (except me ... I go straight to my little apartment).  It's the boys' computer area.  It is the arts and crafts table (including for Mom) and then we eat there, rarely all of us at the same time.  I removed everyone's everything and put it on their bed.  Washed and gave it a swipe of Lemon Pledge.

The kidults left me a legal size sheet of tasks to do.  Watering the plants, feeding the birds, feeding Ralph, our Betta fish, and of course Mr. Bosko.  So I've had 6 ft chats with many neighbors.  And now I spend my computer time in the living room looking out the windows and watching all the activity.  Who knew!

Gave the kitchen a deep clean and steam cleaned my face masks.  And every day I took a nap!  I ordered from Amazon Fresh and got a lavender scented hand purifier.  Just getting tired of the other two aromas.  

I indulged in an extra long shower and lotioned up everything.  Before the kids left, I took the dog for a little walk and almost took a tumble.  My eyes do not work together and I stumbled on a crack in the sidewalk.  My cataract surgery is re-re-rescheduled for August 26.  Jesse brought my walker back from storage so at least I can safely take Bosko out.  A friend of mine took a tumble on a sidewalk on her lunch break (yes, she is still working at 75)

 ... smashed her face, her right wrist was broken in three places and her left hand was also broken. Had stitches to the head and inside of her mouth. Surgery was needed for both the broken bones. Still in splints waiting for permanent casts. 

So I don't care if I look like a little old lady, I will use the walker and always carry my cell phone.

Well ... it's time for my daily meditation!  Until next time!













8 comments:

  1. How do you steam clean your face masks? Do you have a special machine to do that? I need to do something with mine.

    Falls are so nasty at our age, good to use your walker when you don't feel safe Glad you're getting the house to yourself for a little me time. AS much as you love your family, we all need time alone once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a steam cleaner! Mainly for refreshing clothes that have been folded and put in a basket. And then I thought about masks. I figure the heat of the steam would kill enough germs.

      I cannot wait for my new eye so I can regain my perspective. But when I walk, I don't want to have to stare at the ground to keep from tripping. Several residents here have walking sticks but I'd probably put out my good eye on the way falling down!

      Delete
  2. So glad you have your walker to keep you upright. We don't bounce like we used to as your poor friend proved. Do take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And with all my pandemic padding, you'd think I would bounce! You should see the photos of her adventure ...

      Delete
  3. Whatever you need to walk safely I would do. When we lived in Montana I walked (waddled) like a penguin when it snowed or was icy as I didn't want to fall.

    Sounds like you are enjoying your alone time! Jealous about the naps!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alone time is soooo nice and with everyone gone, you can pick up the clutter, clean under everything and get the place spiffy again--and it will stay that way until--15 minutes after they get home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes. Keep that cell phone with you. I tell you, I didn't know know how bad it was to break something until I broke my shoulder. What a mess and what pain. Better to be careful.
    Other than that, it sounds like you enjoyed your time alone. We all need that occasionally.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...