Thursday, July 2, 2020

SORRY!

I missed getting a post up on Sunday.  I was busy zooming my Sister for her 60th birthday!  For the whole month of June, I posted a meme about 60 every single day.  Specifically to have her friends email her or text her or call her ON the day.  I also sent an email to her family and friends to ASK them to bombard her.  He birthday was Tuesday, June 23.

Then with the help of husband and her "sister" on his side of the family, we put together a Zoom party for 80 people.  I emailed this invitation a day or two AFTER her birthday ....





We asked everyone to mute themself then Janet would greet each person and have a 30 second chat.  

Jonathan put together a slide show after we raced around looking for photos from each year of her life.  Folks from all over the country, including Maui (where it was 11:30 am!) dialed in.  It was fabulous.  Except I got so caught up in the party, I forgot to go get MY family in on the screen!  It was so fun for me to see friends I've heard about for years but had not met in person.

Now they are driving from Louisville to Portland, pulling a tiny camper to avoid hotels as their baby girl is moving to Portland this weekend.  Then to drop of the hubby at Seattle airport then drive herself (and dog!) to Whidbey Island.  They will park their trailer at the condo parking lot hopefully ending each day here, masked and six feet apart, sending virtual hugs and kisses and sipping a glass of wine!

Love my family.




6 comments:

  1. What a fun and creative idea for a party. And you're excused for not posting Sunday. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And her hubby's Aunt (90+) just friended me on Facebook!

      Whew, thanks for the acceptance of my apology. Better start working on Sunday's

      Delete
  2. So cute! Happy belated birthday to your sister! What a sweet celebration you put on for her!! Enjoy your visit with her too!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was surprised! It was fun for all. And I have a new friend!!!

      Delete
  3. You are a good sis. What a fun thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BEFORE quarantine, we had so many ideas to surprise her. This was the best we could do under the circumstances!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...