Thursday, July 9, 2020

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR

For years, Jesse has had two four foot high speakers on each side of the fireplace.  All the accompanying input equipment filling all the shelves.  I asked him to take them to storage until he is ready to connect everything.

He put it all together.  That day.  With Alexa.  Now the boys can play music whenever they want.  Dad showed them HOW LOUD IT WOULD GO (giggles and oooohs and aaaahs) but explained what level was acceptable.  It's interesting the music choices they make, depending on their mood. Classical when they are doing table work (art, writing, painting rocks, playing games), hip hop when they are trying to shake out their sillies, rap when they feel like dancing ... and sometimes they ask Alexa for help (like patriotic songs on 4th of July.

I'm glad they play outside a lot.  Some people like to have background noise while working.  I like the silence.  Always have.  Thankfully my apartment blocks most of the noise from all my roommates.  I like that they love music. I'm adjusting!  



3 comments:

  1. I saw that meme recently and loved it. Great minds think alike.

    Nothing like a little fire under Jesse to get the speakers working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its great they hear a variety of music and that their dad has told them the acceptable volume to play it at! I'm like you; I like it ABSOLUTELY quiet in the house. I thrive a lot with it :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good that Jesse showed them what volume was acceptable. :)

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...