Sunday, July 12, 2020

RECUPERATING

It was a very peopley weekend with Janet, Jonathan, Tahlia and Audree.  We had a great appetizer party outside, everyone 6 feet apart.  No bugs!  Wine, cheeses, fruit, home made sour dough bread (still warm), prosciutto, salami, chips.  I washed up, masked and cut everything into toothpick size bites.

and a dessert bar


Jesse brought out two 8' tables and chairs (from the clubhouse), we put on masks when near the food table, then off when seated.

Everyone returned on Saturday late morning ... Jesse did a load of laundry for Jonathan, Jonathan had an hour plus of computer work, Aunt Janet brought treats from local bakery and we sat outside the condo and blabbed away.  They boys showing off their military camp outside, calling her with their Gizmo watches and even my kidults socialized a bit.  

Everyone was as concerned about Covid safety as we are, so it was very comfortable.

For the past 5-6 days my family have all had sleeping sickness.  The little boys have been sleeping 12+ hours each and every day and I think I could also.  Yesterday after company left, I took a 3 hour nap.  Went to sleep at 11pm and slept until 8:30.  Hope this passes!


Long enough to put up in a bun or in a french braid.  Still not willing to risk it.

6 comments:

  1. Do you have a carbon Monoxide tester monitor in your condo? I'd worry with everyone sleeping that much that something was leaking in the air. Gas fireplace? Gas stove? Exhaust from cars getting into the air conditioning intake.

    Your little get-together sounds fun, safe and just what the doctor ordered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have carbon monoxide tester ... house is all electric. It's just a bug altho how we can catch anything is beyond me!

      Delete
  2. Hope it passes quickly, although I admit to be somewhat envious. I'd love to sleep twelve hours several days in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Socializing is such a delicate dance nowadays, it sounds like you found the right way to be together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did great with having fun and social distancing! It can be done and done effectively if all parties are on board for it! Is it hot in Oregon? Maybe that's why everyone is sleeping more? Energy expended because of the hot weather? I know we are all lethargic here but who wouldn't be in 116 degree heat?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas for socializing safely. It can work when everyone is on the same page.
    I know what you mean about the hair. I haven't gotten a haircut in months.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...