Thursday, June 18, 2020

QUARANTINE WINE TIME

It's finally happened.  My condo complex has it's first positive Covid19 case.  HIPPA prevents saying who but I've heard it's a resident with multiple health conditions who goes to the hospital at least monthly.  But still.  First case in my little world.



How can staying home keep me busy all day?  My blog buddy at Misadventures of Widowhood explained today.  The computer!  I start off with reading/skimming NYT and local paper.  Email, Facebook, WLLO volunteering.  I prefer email or text but somedays I have to TALK to people.  Which usually ends up being a game of message tag.

I play four word games on my phone, mostly with siblings.  All of whom live out of state.  Usually every morning if one boy is awake but not the other, he will climb in bed with me and we look at old photos on my iPhone.  Then we/he pick a topic to learn about ... Braeden chose the Great Wall of China (since he saw a pic of me and Poppa there).  Which evolved into the burial grounds of the first emperor ... with the 8,000 terra cotta statues to protect him.



Deacon chose baseball.  There is a lot of history there for sure, and then he put on a baseball outfit and went out to play.  This is the kid who changes his clothes a million times a day.  Not sure how his Dad keeps up with him.


Usually a Zoom meeting every other day.  I postponed my cataract surgery again.  I'm just not willing to go out into the germy world.  I have my annual exam and my annual gyno exam in July but I may cancel them as well.  My wonderful nurse practitioner left the clinic and I just hate the whole thing anyway.  And .... germs and the weight gain!

By the time I've done all my learning and loitering online, it is 6:30 wine time!



8 comments:

  1. Did you see those 8,000 statues in person? They really fascinate me, the photos of seen of them. The world sure has some ponderous places and that's a great idea to have the boys learn about something every day like that.

    I hope the Covid-19 case in your complex wasn't one of the ladies you wrote about earlier who didn't respect social distancing when out on your patios.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we didn't go to the tomb. Actually the wall was FOGGED in you couldn't see on either side!

      Don't know WHO but I don't interact with any outsiders! Hermit!

      Delete
  2. Covid is a little more scary when it gets close. My neighbor had it which made me a believer.
    Cool that the youngsters want to learn. Those statues are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since our state started opening up, the positive cases have gone up. Whether by more testing or better testing, I'm staying in my cave.

      Delete
  3. It is amazing how we can find things to do without getting out and about. You have a good routine going! Cool that your grandsons want to learn new things too. Fun with educating them at the same time!

    I get HIPAA since I worked in the health field but if I get the virus I am going to tell everyone lol so people don't panic when they hear an announcement that someone has it and they wonder if they had contact with that person or not. Where my DIL works they have had 3 cases. They don't say who but will send out an email to employees that might have had close contact with them. So far she hasn't gotten an email.

    Stay safe!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would want to know if it was someone who crossed my path. And I'm fine to use my name if I get it. Not sure it would help, but ....

      Delete
  4. I think I'm losing it. I wrote a comment here earlier and thought I published it, but... probably not. I was telling you how jealous I am that you get to see your grands so much. :) How great it is for you and for them. Now I feel like learning something about the Great Wall of China! :)
    Stay safe. Hope your COVID-19 neighbor has been social distancing and isolating as much as possible. She probably caught it at the hospital. I hate going there for lab work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think she caught it at the hospital as well. YES! I am so lucky to live here with these whipper snappers. I laugh out loud every day (and even more in my mind). Hopefully they will continue to confide in my even when they are teens.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...