Wednesday, June 10, 2020

PANDEMIC ACTS OF KINDNESS

WLLO is trying to let our members know we are thinking about them with random acts of kindness.  

It started with bouquets of flowers from someone’s yard.  Our member cut, arranged and wrapped up her flowers then drove around town dropping them off. 


The office heard from many of the recipients that it was a gesture kindly received.  Sharing is caring.

Some members received a gift of soap … personal, laundry, disinfectant, and so on.  These were funded by a local charity (members of our Village) to Villages NW and divided among all the Portland Villages.

Several of our members are gifted with the talent of sewing.  Beautiful face masks have been designed, made and distributed to members who were without.  



Recently WLLO Village was invited to participate in distributing excess food donated by local food suppliers.  One member picks up the boxes which usually include milk, cheese, lunch meat, produce, etc.  Then she begins calling members to see what they can use, first come, first served.  

In addition to phone calls and cheerful emails, we are now calling upon our inner artists.  Remember the pet rock phase years ago?  We are gathering and decorating rocks, wrapping in a bag, then zipping by member homes and ringing their doorbell.  Indoors or out, put them where you like them!  

 









My daughter painted these for me

Then she mod podged our logo on the back

Another member's artistry

What will we think of next!  Stay tuned.  

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love your daughter's painted stones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She enjoys doing things outdoors ... she really is so creative and artistic.

      Delete
  2. Painting rocks is such a nice thing to do as are the flowers. I did have an anonymous person leave me a painted rock and it really perked up my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know! We have only had 2 people call in to say thank you!

      It started out with another Village sending fruit baskets to their members ... we don't have spending money like that! I think next we are going to do travel size hand lotion .... after wearing all these gloves!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, such good ideas. I'm sure they were all appreciated. I really do love the flower bouquets and the painted rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute with the painted rocks! I like all the random acts of kindness. I bet it is appreciated by the recipients.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...