Thursday, October 28, 2021

SOCIAL MEDIA PESSIMISTS and OPTIMISTS



We probably all have Facebook family/friends/acquaintances who definitely fall into one of those two categories.  I know I do and I just have to "unfollow" the downers and woe is me types, then try to remember to check their page once in a while and make a kind comment.


Several of these people claim they have physical/mental reasons to be so depressed and anti-everything.  As an optimist myself, I think dwelling on the negatives just makes one feel worse.  Honestly ... one  person posts ten times a day and each and every one of the posts is another way to view the worst.  Probably don't like puppies or kittens either.  While pessimism is not classified as a mental disease, I can see where it might lead to one.


I also have some deeply vocal religious folks as well as atheists ... maybe I should introduce them?  One poster has probably shared every verse of the Bible by now ....


Oh I suppose some people don't care for the Pollyanna's of the universe either.  Interestingly, there are so many more synonyms for pessimist than for optimist.  Hmmmm.


And then there are those who are constantly talking about needing money and some have even set up GoFundMe for in vitro and for wanting/needing an apartment as they are living in weekly hotels.  Help me pay for my honeymoon, get my tattoo removed. You name it.


I just need to remember life has both!  Especially on social media.

2 comments:

  1. Me too an optimist. I do find pessimistic souls so tiring and no amount of caring seems to help. It is above my pay grade to help them so I do try to avoid them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to feel a bit guilty for not using some patiences with these people. But it is SOOO draining! But my sanity trumps the guilt!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...