Sunday, March 28, 2021

PANDEMIC FASHION

The housedress has been redesigned for this decade.  I think I'm in!

In 2019 I bought a very inexpensive frock hoping to change my "look". Last year I bought another.  Last night I bought two more.  

  

  


All because I read a NY Magazine article on house dresses.  My Grandma always wore one with an apron.  Pockets were crucial even back then.  Maui had lots of choices of dresses and muumuu's.  https://nymag.com/strategist/article/best-house-dress-caftan.html.  Some priced for normal budgets ... all the way up to $500.

The dresses I bought are 100% cotton and have a pocket in the seams on both sides.  ($25 - $30 on Amazon).  I bought two sizes larger than my normal (had to send the first choice back).  I've looked at all sorts of dresses at all kinds of prices.  These are easy, forgiving, and an instant conveyor of ‘effortless chic’ and infinitely better than my nightgowns and robes.  I have a few chunky necklaces and all of a sudden, I look dressed up!  Don't forget the hats!

I am also trying little shoulder pads after watching Wardrobe Woman (Joanne Hopkins) on Facebook.  She's 80-something and dresses to the hilt.  (Her son does hair and makeovers but I would never wear that much makeup).  I like some of her tips.  Searching for my own "look" with minimal effort.

And you?  Do you have a "look" that you love?







5 comments:

  1. I love that look and have even seen some of those dresses on Amazon but have shied away from buying one because the 100% cotton factor. I hate to iron and everything that needs it just sits in my closet until I end up donating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO ironing! I wash in cold water, delicate then hang to dry. Usually toss them in dryer the next day after spraying any too wrinkly areas with Downy. They come a bit wrinkled and look just fine. Too bad they don't make long sleeved ones in my size ....

      Delete
    2. Good to know! They remind me of the L.L. Beans nightgowns I love only the fabric cry 'nightwear' more than these dresses.

      Delete
  2. OMG the Housecoat and the Mumu that every older Woman wore when I was growing up it seems! *LMAO* They were quite hideous but I presume comfortable since they were so damned popular in spite of how dreary they were. Of coarse, Fashion is subjective, the Line I've seen in 'Target' recently makes me think of some Religious Cult, but apparently it's a Fashion Statement allegedly since the Store was full of these hideous things?! The Frocks you bought are Cute and Cheerful, they look comfortable too. Pandemic Wardrobe for me has included Daytime and Nighttime Pajamas. *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like my Grandma wore big plaid house dresses WITH a fresh apron every day. IF I lose some weight, I'm gonna try a big fat belt with these for a different look. These make me feel so dressed up since I've been living in my nightgown and robe OR yoga pants and vneck t-shirts for the past 12 months!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...