Sunday, March 14, 2021

MOVING RIGHT ALONG

Daylight Savings Time already?  I sure wish they would do away with that.   I feel discombobulated for at least a week after.  Clearly I still don't understand what we are saving.  Or for whom.

FINALLY have my first dose of Covid vax set for Friday.  Lucky for me, I got the drive through location!  My neighbors got theirs this morning so I'm looking forward to getting the low down.  But I will continue masking and join the world a little bit at a time.  Unfortunately, I know so many people who are NOT getting the vaccine.

I updated my "If Something Should Happen to Me" note to the kidults and got unexpired Epi pens.

On the other side of downtown Lake Oswego, they have opened a Spring Farmer's Market.  It's on Sunday, 1pm til 5pm.  I tried going last week but could NOT find a parking spot!  So I'm hoping to go today although it is raining.

I spent two days this week looking at houses and neighborhoods for Tahlia.  Prices are so incredibly high!  Tahlia checks Zillow then sends listing to her Mom and me.  She usually drives by to check out the neighborhood before contacting her realtor.  She and Audree took a long weekend so I did the scouting, took photos, and gave my two cents worth on the area.  And whether it is possible to get Tiny into the back yard.  The realtor did FaceTime with Janet to see the inside.  Out of three, we both liked one of them so Tahlia will check it out in person when she gets home this afternoon.

Well, it's time to start a crockpot of soup.  The condo complex is having roofs replaced and once a week we feed the workers.  Usually on Friday but for some reason they blew off working here on the best, warmest day of the year, so tomorrow is the day.  Chicken and rice soup from us!




7 comments:

  1. They have Epi-pens that don't expire? I quit getting them because it was so expensive to replace them so often.

    House hunting can be fun. If they plan to park their Tiny Home in the back yard to use for whatever, they'd better check with the township. So many areas around here will not allow that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, My epi pens expired so I had to get new ones. With Medicare I think it was $10. For two pens. I remember paying $125 with insurance before Medicare. Fortunately I have never had to use one.

      They are only looking at places that have ADU permission in place. Portland is very PRO with that ... and gardening in the front yard. Suburbs not so much.

      The hardest thing is finding big enough yard AND some sort of easy access. They are now looking into crane costs to lift the tiny over garage or house.

      Youth! Dreaming big!

      Delete
    2. But they have the energy, lol

      Delete
  2. Glad you’re getting your vac. I get my second shot tomorrow. As for DST i just wrote about a bill they're trying again to get through the Senate to get the ball rolling since so many states, including Calif. where I live, voted for permanent DST year ‘round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had heard rumors last year that if CA, OR and WA would all agree ... no more time changes. I don't care which one they leave it at PST or DST!!!

      Delete
  3. I thought the vaccine sites had Epi pens handy. That is why they make you wait 15 minutes. Of course I got mine at a drugstore so that may color my thinking.
    Anyway, so glad you are finally starting. You will be amazed at the weight you have been carrying around that will no longer be there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many people are finally getting appointments that now our second dose is THREE weeks apart. The whole deal reminded me to check the expiration date on my old epi.

      I'm so glad I finally got through one of the appt sites!!!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...