Sunday, April 26, 2020

QUARANTINE BLOGGING

I think I have been in lockdown too long.

It irritates me to see people in my condo complex flagrantly ignoring masks and physical distancing.  I tried to get in a walk today but every person who was out wanted to talk ... and not from 6 feet away.  Two groups were sitting in lawn chairs, MAYBE 2 feet apart, no masks.  I was invited in but said "Sorry ... I'm still doing quarantine guidelines and staying 6 feet away" and cheerfully waved.

I decided to pretend I was talking on my phone and simply waved at people as I passed them.

Maybe I need to buy a shirt ....


I am very, very cranky.

6 comments:

  1. That's a funny t-shirt. Evidently you aren't the only person with neighbor who don't know the 6 foot rule or don't care. Being "cranky" about keeping that rule might save lives. People here are good about that and almost everyone is wearing masks. But we're a hot spot state right now too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One grocery store has not made it MANDATORY to wear a mask. I need to go rogue ... and it will be to that store!

      Delete
  2. I'm very cranky too about the people (so far only old men) who come walking or running up from behind me and make no effort to move around but want to pass shoulder to shoulder. Perhaps they think exercising will make them immune?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My adults kids do all the grocery shopping, thankfully. I'd probably buy an air horn and BLAST offenders while screaming STAY SIX FEET AWAY FROM ME. Which would be mean but a little funny.

      Today is sunny again, so I will go out for a walk and start my walk with the phone to my ear. A cheerful wave and my best Nordstrom smile ... and keep on going!

      Delete
  3. Love that shirt. I too resent those who have no concern for others in this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think everyone is cranky these days. People at the store still don't get social distancing and it's been over a month. It's getting hot here and we all naturally social distance and not go out when it is 115 degrees out so if this goes past May into September we are good to go. Except for those who go to escape the heat in malls and movie theaters. Heard some beaches were reopened in Southern California and people were practicing social distancing so that might be a sign of hope.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...