Thursday, March 7, 2019

FINISHING TOUCHES

The Maui house officially belongs to Father Jim.

My realtor called to tell me that four nieces and nephews chipped in to buy their uncle a retirement home.  He is the retired priest at the Catholic church about a mile from Kawailani Circle.  He, of course, was overwhelmed and loved the fact he didn't have to go out and buy a thing.  Move in ready!  It is nice to know the new story.


Once I saw that the money was deposited into my account, I started closing down accounts ... internet, tv, electric, water, trash etc.  Originally the realtor said she would do that but when I verified with her yesterday ... she said "ooops!  I forgot!  They no longer let realtors make the changes."

Naturally, no one would let me close accounts online.  Had to make a phone call.  Cable wanted to send me to "customer relations" to try to talk me into keeping everything but I learned to say "moving off island" and that saves me listening to a sales pitch.  It snowed most of the day yesterday while I'm talking to Hawaiians who have only seen snow up on the mountain.


Anyway, everything was accomplished.  I hope Fr  Jim enjoys his time at Kawailani Circle.  Just enough maintenance to keep him puttering around.  I wish I had contact with him.  When I think of things (keep the outdoor shower door latched against the wall when not in use ... or it will blow off of the hinges) I'd like to be able to let him know.  I did send a few helpful hints to my realtor so I hope he receives them.

Jesse got everything fertilized and pruned before we left.  I forgot to tell Realtor that the lemon tree needs neem oil or inground neem application once a month to keep the white flies away.  Oh, and the rose of sharon and gardenias also.

Hopefully Fr Jim will enjoy his coffee or tea outdoors every morning.  I smile just thinking about that.


7 comments:

  1. I'll bet father Jim would enjoy a snail mail letter from you with tips like the gate and telling him how much pleasure and love enjoyed in the place and hope he has the same experience living there. I wrote a letter like that when I moved out of a house and told all the house's quirks, like the secret hiding space and mystery noises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyway, I forgot to add that I'm happy the house is going to a loving situation. What a wonderful gift from his family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should let my nieces and nephews know ... hmmmmm

      Delete
  3. Oh yes!!! I do have paint chips! I’ll mail them to him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just think how blessed he will be living in your home and how blessed your home will be with his presence. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really just a sweet happy ending. I was raised Catholic ... maybe it's an omen to go to church ...

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...