Sunday, February 20, 2022

HOUSE MOUSE DEPARTS

Let's hope there are no more major isolating pandemics.  Even as an introvert, the lack interaction with a wider variety of people has gotten me down.  Now life begins again?  Small steps, for me.

I'm finally venturing out.  Groceries (I'm trying to eat more low carb and I finally got to browse around).  Drug store (least expensive wine anywhere in this zip code).  And yesterday Walmart followed by Papa Murphy for take and bake pizza for movie night.  Tonight (Saturday) I'm invited over to Gary and Gail's for wine and conversation.  (Best place to get all the local gossip as they are still friends with the Town Crier)




Here's an interesting article about re-starting a social life entitled "How Life Resumes" that you might also like.  https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/19/briefing/covid-resume-living.html

Not sure I'm ready to go places totally unmasked but will be so happy to return to cloth masks.  Those KN95's are tough on my skin.


Sticking at home for so long encouraged me to find GOOD and uplifting news.  (CNN Good Stuff and The Good News Network). We also subscribed to Hulu Live so we could watch the Super Bowl and the Olympics.


My sister and I talk almost every day.  We start with venting (so nice to have someone who doesn't spread the gossip) and made a promise to always end on a happy note.  Some days we have to dig deep for that.  Our oldest brother died in December, one of our sisters-in-law had a double mastectomy and just started 12 weeks of weekly chemo (yesterday took 7 hours). Then she has 12 months of another chemotherapy. My brother-in-law is facing another bout with prostate cancer.  Cancer is so scary and insidious. 


To end this blog on a good note:


It's Trillium season here in the neighborhood!! Especially the small white Western White Trillium. They are very easy to grow, but take time, two years for the seed to germinate and seven additional years until it is mature enough to bloom. So pretty, it's worth the wait. A true woodland treasure!  I bought one for Kate last Mother's Day and she is so excited it is returning!




4 comments:

  1. We are still required to wear masks here at the CCC but I'm hoping in a few weeks we won't. They sure ruin your skin!

    Glad you've got your sister to talk to every day. That's an important connection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My skin is a mess also ... I really feel for the medical people! Oregon is still mandatory masks but I think by the end of March it will be optional.

      Delete
  2. Trillium sounds like a really interesting plant and I like the bloom -- takes patience to fully enjoy.
    We still are required to wear masks in Los Angeles County with which I agree, N95 or KN95 best as cloth masks don't catch the small particles which are also in the more contagious variants. I go by science reports as to what is best not necessarily what is being decided by others or popular views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew how much patience it takes to have them in a yard! They are so sweet to spot.

      My nose and sides of my head have red marks and soreness ... maybe I should put on a cloth mask first? UGH

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...