Thursday, September 30, 2021

SOCIAL METABOLISM

The Pandemic has caused this introvert to become even less social.  The thought of organizing and attending a "group" outing gives me a panic attack.  Oregon is tightening up on Covid restrictions again and I welcome that with open arms.

Janet (my sister) arrived Friday evening at 6:30pm.  We drove to give Tahlia a hug as she was leaving for another weekend Ultimate competition.  She is on Eastern time so we had to find somewhere close to have dinner.  We settled on sushi (something my family does not enjoy).  It's super fun with Janet as she loves to share meals so we had edamame, miso soup, seaweed salad, two kinds of tuna sushi rolls and salmon nigiri.  AND ... we shared a beer!


We came to the condo and got her settled into the Guest Suite with a plan to meet at 8:30 am Saturday for coffee and a treat.  As I was washing my hands, a visitor jumped up out of the drain!  He looks smaller in this photo!


It is right next door to our Farmer's Market.  My favorite way to do the Market is to go up and down every aisle, have samples then decide where to return to make purchases.



Have you ever tried kombucha?  I have, maybe twice, and it tasted like vinegar to me.  This vendor had jun kombucha and she wanted a taste. We shared it  and it was AMAZING!  Natural ingredients that ferment on their own without sugar or black tea.

"Jun is a fermented, naturally carbonated beverage brewed with green tea, raw honey, and a symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast.  We use raw local honey from ethical beekeepers as well as source organic teas from local and fair-trade vendors.


Our Jun is produced in small batches, unpasteurized, and served fresh at our retail locations and farmers markets.  Each one of our flavors are designed to effect the mind and body in a unique and gentle way.  It is a great source of probiotics, providing immune support and digestive health."


I chose the Venus Rose version and immediately looked up the company and where I can get their products locally, after the Markets close for the season.



Next on our agenda was to watch Deacon play soccer.  Dad is now the Assistant Coach and it was fun to watch him personally coach EACH kid, no matter the team.  I was sipping on my kombucha and the boys wanted to taste it.  THEY LOVED IT!


We met with my condo friends, Gary and Gail, at 5pm on Saturday night.  Did not leave until after 9pm with them saying "no! you haven't been here that long!!!"

Pushed me to my limit socially!

4 comments:

  1. I got hives just reading about the dinner you share with your sister. Glad you had a good time socializing, even if you are out of practice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just assumed that sushi was uncooked shell fish because a friend ate it at lunch one day and got very sick and she's allergic to shell fish.

      Delete
    2. Besides being fish, eel, calamari and more ... many are vegetarian and cooked protein!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...