Sunday, September 12, 2021

COVID CONTINUES

The children started school on August 30.  In person at the local public school.  The district is very short staffed and their 1.7 mile trip to and from school would be a MiNIMUM of one hour.  We got a notice last week that it may now be over 90 minutes each way.  Kidults take them and I pick them up.  Waiting in line for 30 minutes.


Hallinan Elementary School principal Melissa Griffiths sent a notification to parents on Monday, Sept. 6, that said someone had tested positive and that a total of 47 "close contacts" on the bus had been identified.  These "close contacts" were students on that bus.  Now they have to miss school for 14 days to quarantine.  They were all too young to get a vax.



Lunch and breakfast are now free to all students.  The first week was okay although every item is completely sealed, except fruit and fresh veggies.  Then the district did not have enough lunch ladies so this past week was yogurt and a carb (bagel, soft pretzel, crackers) and carrot sticks.  So our guys opted to bring a home lunch.


I've been backing off from volunteer time with WLLO Village.  I found a  new right-up-my-allley volunteer job with Hunger Fighters.  





"One immediate need that comes to mind is for a Social Media Coordinator.  Those details are below.  Please review and let me know if you think this might be good a fit for you.  We may have other computer needs as well, however, I thought this was a good starting point as our current social media coordinator is relocating soon and will no longer be with us.  

 

Social Media Coordinator

OVERVIEW: Maintain social media presence on HFO website, Facebook, Instagram, Nextdoor, etc.

DESCRIPTION: Update website as needed, make posts to social media to promote HFO drives and keep clients informed of HFO related events

LOCATION: at home; computer based role

REQUIREMENTS: Must be familiar with social media platforms and creating posts

TIME FRAME: ~ 1 hour/week

COMMITMENT: On-going role (no end date)"


I can continue to be my introverted self and do everything from home on my computer!!!

4 comments:

  1. The volunteer gig sounds like a worthy cause and something you'd be good at.

    I hate that Covid still rules our lives and that the idiots who refuse to cooperate are keeping it going longer than it should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Covid is so dangerous yet some still believe it's made up (until they get it). Cross your fingers for the interview tomorrow! I just sent an email to WLLO letting them know I am not renewing membership and no longer volunteering.

      Delete
  2. That new gig sounds right up your alley.
    Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited! The food pantry was started in 2014 by some local high school students! They had friends and acquaintances who lived with food instability. They just hired their first employee, Executive Director (who I interview with tomorrow).

      Fingers crossed!

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...