Sunday, September 13, 2020

DANGEROUSLY HIGH AIR QUALITY

I'm sitting here with noise cancelling headphones as we have four box fans with furnace filters taped on running on full blast.  The air "quality" outdoors is the highest ever recorded (although I didn't take time to check on the blast of Mt. St. Helens).

We have sore throats, runny noses and eyes and awake with a headache.



Milwaukie is a suburb of Portland, right across the river from us.  My brother is in Oroville ... luckily he did not have to evacuate as winds changed direction, just like for us.

Many business have closed.  School is closed.  Amazon takes a week instead of two days.  Prescriptions are four days in backlog.

But we do have toilet paper.




5 comments:

  1. I so worry about all my blogger friends out west near the fires. I hope the special masks needed for smoke are available and easy to get where you're at.

    Love the Christmas ornament. That says it all, doesn't it, about this year.

    Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rained a tiny bit last night. Big rain arriving on Thursday. The filters on fans are BLACK already. Serious stuff.

      Delete
  2. Heard the air quality in the Western states was the worst ever. Just terrible! Still got your humor though with the toilet paper! Stay safe and sane.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "sane" part it questionable. Boys are doing dance aerobics with loud video. Thank goodness for noise cancelling headphones!

      Delete
  3. A Dear Friend live in Oroville. Lovely country out there.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...