Thursday, September 10, 2020

ARGH!

 I should never have changed my blogspot theme!  Now I have to go to blogspot and then choose my blog and then write.  Ridiculous.  Can't figure out how to do anything that I had on my previous layout.

Oregon is having the worst wildfire season in over 100 years.  Lake Oswego is at Level One evacuation ... have your bags ready and you gas tank full.

Our County is being hit hard ....


We are at the edge of green on the top left.  Most of these are HUMAN CAUSED.  And several people have been caught lighting mattresses in the green area.

This is the map of my town ... if you can see the yellow arrow, condo is in the grey area.  We are two blocks from the river which hopefully will save us.


The air quality is so bad, we are being advised to get air purifiers or put filters on our box fans.

Thoughts and prayers please.







6 comments:

  1. Praying. We lived in Medford for 5 years many years ago. I was surprised to hear of how much had to be evacuated. Stay safe!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wind is now blowing in the opposite direction but Portland had the worst Air Quality number in the WORLD yesterday. Furnace filters are sold out (attach to box fans to filter the smoky air inside) but Amazon is delivering some on Tuesday. I have never been so close to forest fires ... BLESS our firefighters!

      Delete
  2. Prayers that they get the fires under control soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My brother in Oroville, CA was 1.5 miles from fire ... so scary! Can't sleep in case the authorities drive around using speakers to evacuate.

      Delete
  3. H's cousin's daughter and her husband lost their home in a mudslide in CA a couple of years ago. It happened after their home had survived the fires. Keeping you and your state in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our town just got upgraded to Level 0!!!!! Still horribly smoky but much better inside. One fan's filter is already BLACK with soot.

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...