Thursday, August 12, 2021

MILITARY MEN

These boys have been obsessed with camo and all the military stuff that goes with it since birth.  The ten year old listens to military history and loves military movies.



Even Legos are usually military





I think they have about 14 figures now, although many soldiers have lost limbs during battle.




I told them a few weeks ago if we had a rainy day, we would have GI Joe day and I would play with them. It barely sprinkled on Friday morning.  No picking up until 6pm and we roped off the entire living room. Admission by invitation only. I mainly dressed and undressed these 12" guys until I thought my knuckles were on fire. A great time was had by all.




The love seat was a hillside vantage point. Tents and sleeping bags were nestled under end tables and foot stools. They took blue sheets and pillows to represent the ocean as they were quick to tell me the Battle of Normandy was the largest seaborne invasion in history.


The Gramma with sad knuckles!




2 comments:

  1. Was your husband or the boy's father in the military? Trying to understand how little boys get so into war games. My great-nephew is about the same age and all of a sudden he's fascinated with the police and had to have all the gear and cars. NO one in our family works in law enforcement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. He was obsessed with Toy Story when he was little and loved his Woody doll. I bought him his first GI Joe and Woody bit the dust.

      Delete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...