Sunday, May 30, 2021

FORGET ME NOT

 


I think I am losing my mind.  I'm losing many things so I'm pretty sure my mind is next.


My luxury room is filled with baskets.  (They do need to be re-sorted but no one looks through them except me).  I hide little gifts underneath nighties, or sox, or other boring items but now I have to write them down because I FORGET where I hid them.  I always have a treat box but once the boys see it, I have to use another basket to keep them from helping themselves.


I am loving my computer glasses! Except I take them off and on so much, I'm usually offering a twenty five cent reward to whichever grandson can find them.  Then I started hanging them on the front of my shirt so I could always have them with me.  Until I bent over and lost them in a basket of warm clean towels.  Since I was lazy and didn't fold them, they were missing for two days before I decided to fold.  (Now I have the lanyard things to hang around my neck)



A week or two later, I lost one of my prescriptions.  Of course, I waited a day or two but it is a drug that should be tapered off, so I had to call my Dr.'s office.  His nurse laughed at my self berating and said I wouldn't believe how many calls they get.  Yes, an hour after I got a 30 day supply, I found the bottle in the pillow case of a pillow I don't sleep on.


The new bright yellow pillow reads "my happy place"


If I don't put my credit card back in the EXACT same slot, I go into a panic.  Lately, people can just wait while I get myself settled before I leave self checkout.


Is this just me?

6 comments:

  1. No, you're not alone. Short term memory issues do become more of an issue for many with aging. I've noticed my recall is less dependable than it once was. We have to find ways to compensate and there are different systems we each can use that effectively work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MUST write things down! And now I know why my hubby had reading glasses in each car, the bathroom, the living room, the office ....

      Delete
  2. I've done the panic over my driver's license not being in the exact slot I usually put it. Mind you it was only two slots higher. But normally I don't lose things around the house.

    Is that your bedroom above? I really need some shelves like that after I move. I'd like to be able to rotate art and objects because I'm taking too much with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, wrong slot or not in the slot or behind something else in a different slot!

      I emailed you about the art ledge!

      Delete
  3. No, it's not just you! Wrong slot with the Plastic or putting it behind something different and not part of my usual Routine throws me for a Loop now! I've HAD to become a Creature of Habit or I'd get so Lost in everyday Life that everything would be MIA, perhaps even me, and those Silver Alerts are so humiliating if you're the one they're putting one out on! *Winks*

    ReplyDelete
  4. No. This past year has done a number on a lot of people--including me.

    ReplyDelete

CAUTION - READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

This will be my last blog. My heart is not in it, I struggle to find topics and readership is half of what it used to be.  If I have a negat...